|Chassidus.org||Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
Hayom-Yom for 19, Av
|Hayom Yom was written by the Lubavitcher Rebbe in 5703 (1942-43).|
In this box we have listed the Torah Lessons for this year.
The Torah Lessons below in the text are as they were in the original edition.
Friday Menachem Av 19 5703 Torah Lessons
Chumash: Eikev, Shishi with Rashi.
Tanya: Now, with (p. 415)...is to Abraham." (p. 415).
Those who Daven with four pairs of Tefillin follow this procedure:
- Put on Rashi hand - and head - Tefillin before saying Chapter Eizehu (p. 23), and Daven in them until after Ach Tzadikim... (p. 85).
- Remove the Rashi Tefillin from the head and put on - without a B'racha - Shimusha Raba Tefillin for the head. Recite Sh'ma... until Emet; then recite the daily portion of Tehillim (as the Tehillim is divided into the days of the month). The meticulous would study those chapters with the commentaries of Rashi and Metzudot.
- Then put on - without a B'racha - Rabeinu Tam Tefillin,  recite Sh'ma... until Emet, then chapter Kadeish... (p. 85) and the Remembrances printed in the Siddur (p. 86). Then study a chapter of Mishna, each according to his comprehension.
- Remove the Rabeinu Tam Tefillin from the head and put on the Ra'avad Tefillin for the head - without a B'racha. Recite Sh'ma... until Emet; study the day's portion of Chumash with the commentary of Rashi - on Sunday (the first Parsha) until Sheini, Monday the second Parsha, etc.
- (Back to text) It is critical to note that the Rebbe Sh'lita has instructed and requested ALL of Bar-mitzva age and older to regularly put on Rabeinu Tam Tefillin. Viz. Sichot of Purim 5736, Motza'ei Va'eira 5739, Pekudei 5741.
| About |